Brian Crews, booking agent and event promoter for Crewser Entertainment and Promotions, has been working toward a career in entertainment management for years; though, he did not fully pursue his passion until 2009. A true go-getter, Brian has the proven ability to coordinate large events, often all on his own. A faithful fan and friend of Jim Quick of Jim Quick and the Coastline, Brian began helping promote their music in his hometown and assisted in scheduling the performances. With coordinating events in his blood, Brian was quickly drawn to entertainment management and promotions.
Jim Quick and Coastline (JQC) signed in 2009, and so began Crewser Entertainment and Promotions (CEP). Brian managed JQC’s calendar, executed contracts, handled finances and inventory, and schedules all travel needs. CEP negotiated the JQC record deal with Hit Brothers Records, a label with Sony/RED Music that has national distribution. CEP has secured JQC as the support artists for the following headline artists: Darius Rucker, Chris Young, Montgomery Gentry, Zac Brown Band, Sammy Kershaw, Corey Smith, Jeff Bates, Ray Scott, Wade Hayes, Trent Willmon, Keith Anderson, Bruce Hornsby, Chubby Checker, Jerry Butler, Ricky Skaggs, Josh Gracin, and more.
After his start with JQC, Brian signed Atlantic Groove in January 2010, and manages the same needs as those for JQC. Next to sign was the Mark Roberts Band in June 2011. CEP manages the band’s calendar, contracts, and deposits.
CEP has also been directly involved in coordinating the following events:
- 2010 and 2011, assisted with management of The Pasture Party in Dunn, North Carolina, headlining Sammy Kershaw and Corey Smith
- 2007, founded the Beach Music Cruise, which has featured JQC, Band of Oz, Lia and the Wave, Sea Cruz, Time Clark, Tommy Black, Keith Pollard, Carolina Breakers, and more
- 2006, bought the rights, with Fred Rouse, to the 26th Annual Emerald Isle Beach Music Festival in Emerald Isle, North Carolina, featuring Clarence Carter, Holiday Band, the Embers, Main Event Band, and Spare Change
- 2006, with Fred Rouse, managed the New Year’s event in Greenville, North Carolina with JQC and Chairmen of the Board
- 2004 and 2006, Brethren of the Coast Cruises featuring Jim Quick and Coastline, the Band of Oz, Sea Cruz, Holiday Band, Craig Woolard and more
- 2005, Legends in Concert in Wilmington, North Carolina with Percy Sledge, The Drifters, the Tams, Craig Woolard Band, and more
Brian became passionate about event planning as a member and officer of the Roxboro Jaycees, a service organization in his North Carolina hometown of Roxboro. His most recent event planning assistance to the Jaycees was a one-day charitable event that raised $10,000 after only six weeks of preparation. Other events Brian helped establish and coordinate, while a member of the Roxboro Jaycees, are the NC Boys and Girls Home Golf Classic and the Flem Whitt Beach Music Festival. Through the Flem Whitt Beach Music Festival, Brian has assisted the Jaycees in raising over 10,000 dollars for a scholarship fund for high school students.
Brian believes in using his talents to give back, especially to his community. Since 1997, Brian has managed or assisted with Person County Santa’s Helpers, an event that has provided over $30,000 in toys and funds to needy families during the holidays. Since 2002, Brian has managed an event for Person County Hospice that has helped raise over 8000 dollars. Brian is a member of the Roxboro Elks Lodge where he assists with projects.
In the last three years, Brian, alone, has booked over 100o dates. Crewser Entertainment and Promotions is a company that is growing because of Brian’s dedication to his gift, his passion for the entertainment industry, and his desire to give to others.